Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fast Food Awards



Travelling presents some interesting challenges when it comes to finding food. When the pace of the trip has been fast and furious, you don't always have the luxury of time to find fast food of good quality. Usually one of those things will be lacking.

However, it has allowed us to sample some of America's finest fast food establishments. Here are some awards judged and presented by a committee of one: me.

Best Burger Award: In & Out - My favourite burger joint in the states. I don't think anyone does cheeseburgers like these guys. I love how they put an entire sliced of onion in the burger too. Ask for your cheeseburger 'protein style'.

Best Fries Award: Jack in the Box - I don't know why but curly fries are funner to eat. The sirlion steak burger is delicioso.

Best Chain Restaurant: Apple Bees - This was probably the best diner style restaurant chain we went to. The ribs were beautiful.

Best Late Night Meal Award: Denny's - I cant say its the best quality food but it tastes so good when your desperate and its late.

Participation Award: Wendy's - I generally like the burgers here but I just can't pick anything outstanding about this place. Out of 10, I would give it a solid 7.

Best Roast Beef Burgers: Arby's - If you love roast beef burgers, you'll love this place. I don't love roast beef burgers.

Same Same But Different Award: McDonald's - Same same but different. Why do they call a scone a biscuit?

Best Clam Chowder: Boudins San Francisco - We drove directly to this place when we got to SF. Enough said.

Craziest Chicken Award: El Pollo Loco - At the recommendation of Allan Laigo we got some chicken here and it was very good. The marinade worked well with the salsa a guacamole. Yum.


No comments: