Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Giant Hole In The Sky

The Grand Canyon is one of those places you hear so much about from so many people you wonder whether it will ever live up to expectations. In fact, my expectations were so high that I wondered if I would be let down in some way.


After visiting Grand Canyon National Park, I can say that I underestimated how beautiful this place actually is. 1.2 million acres seems to barely contain this magnificent place.

At at altitude of 7000+ feet, you cannot really grasp how large the canyon actually is from first glances. You really need to get down and into it, below to rim to truly experience the true breadth and depth of the canyon.



View from the air.


Horse shoe bend. We floated this later...


Side trip to Antelope Canyon.


Some of the natives....


You could probably spend weeks here and not do all that you should but here are some highlights.....

No comments: